Hmmm, as I read back on my posts for the 30 Days of Truth, it seems that I am taking them to my own interpretation. Maybe that was part of the point???
Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.
I’ve done several of the things I always hoped to do in my life.
I graduated from college, with a Bachelor’s in Psychology. I always wanted to be a counselor, I think, except for when I was five and wanted to be a veterinarian. I haven’t made it to the actual “counselor” role yet, but that chapter in my life is still open. I’d like to go back to school for my Master’s Degree in Something. Community Counseling, Social Work, Something.
I think, in the back of my mind, I always wanted to be a mom. I didn’t always think it possible that I would find someone to be a mom with, and then I started dating my husband (again. But that’s another story for another time.). It became clear that we were in it for life, the two of us, together and happy. When we started seriously talking about having kids, I realized that we truly could make a family and be deliriously happy. When you’re an awkward teenager, the actuality of motherhood seems pretty far removed from your reality, but I got my wish. I got the love of my life. I got the beautiful kids. I got my version of the “perfect” future with those I love the most.
To add to those, I will say the things I hope to do in my life, in no particular order are:
- Get a least one more tattoo and/or change the one I have on my back.
- Take my family to Florida and share with them the things I love so much about the ocean.
- Take a road trip with my family so my husband can show us where he grew up and the places he loves.
- Achieve my Master’s Degree.
- Be able to give my parents the love and support that they always have given me.
- Keep the relationships I have with my siblings and enjoy each others’ company as we grow older.
- Get published. Whether it be a book, article or journal in psychological research or whatever.
- See my children grow into the wonderful and awesome adults that I know they will be.